Mergers & Acquisitions
A pioneer in commercial legal advice, our M&A practice is a powerhouse of exclusive, complex M&A activity and corporate advisory matters. We understand our client’s businesses and have the ability to visualize a deal to eventually see it through seamlessly in a timely manner.
Our team has worked on some of the most challenging cross-border and domestic deals, with a strong sectoral focus addressing all of our client’s legal requirements, combined with deep regulatory and market understanding.
The Firm advises buyers and sellers on a range of share purchase and asset purchase transactions across a variety of business sectors, involving private and public listed companies, such as pharma and health, retail, hydro power, oil and gas, automotive, education, real estate, information technology, e-commerce, start-ups, infrastructure, construction, financial services, broadcasting and news media, telecom, etc.
Keeping in mind the convoluted and multifaceted nature of transactions, our team has proficiently applied their knowledge across central pivots of M&A transactions including corporate restructuring, privatizations, stock and asset purchase, joint ventures and strategic alliances, post-merger integration and entry-exit strategies.
Akshit Kapoor has extensive experience in areas of Real Estate laws, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Client and Family Office Practice, Banking and Finance Sector, PE Investments, Insolvency and Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring.
Akshit has represented and advised both Indian and International clients on general corporate matters, M&A, joint ventures and commercial contracts across various business sectors like health care, automobile, telecom, consumer goods sector etc.
Akshit has closely collaborated with a wide range of international and domestic corporations, advising them on their business operations in both India and abroad. His expertise encompasses providing general commercial guidance, handling mergers & acquisitions, private equity matters, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, fundraising activities, and drafting commercial contracts, among other areas.
As being part of the Firm’s real estate practice, Mr. Kapoor has advised some of the largest real estate companies in India and has been involved in advising numerous international clients for their projects in India.
Akshit has represented and advised HNIs and HNFs, business owners, family offices, corporate fiduciaries as well as charitable and not for profit entities on restructuring, creation of trusts and wills, migration of residency and change in citizenship.
Akshit possesses a profound grasp of the intricate commercial and legal intricacies surrounding land ownership, land acquisition, land use and conversion, regulatory and approval matters, foreign investments, and more. Additionally, Akshit offers valuable counsel on real estate financing, playing a pivotal role in structuring and drafting documentation for real estate mortgages, trust deeds, sales contracts, and various financing transactions.
As part of the Firm’s insolvency and bankruptcy practice, Akshit has gone on to advise clients on exit strategies, refinancing, debt restructuring, distressed sale etc. Akshit specializes in representing distressed funds, bidders/resolution applicants, lenders / Committee of Creditors, and insolvency professionals in the context of restructurings, insolvency resolution processes, and liquidations governed by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
Akshit excels in helping clients strategize and navigate complex transactions by offering guidance on structuring and negotiation.
Deepak Kumar Thakur
Deepak is amongst the leading practitioners in the Projects, Energy and Infrastructure Practice Area with a vast experience of over 12 years specializing in the Projects and Infrastructure Practice. He concentrates mainly on the Project Structuring, Pre-development and Implementation of the Projects, Project Management during implementation stage, operations and maintenance and related aspects, with respect to projects in India or outside.
His practice varies from advising clients under the Public Private Partnerships framework, private arrangement or otherwise, in relation to any aspect of the project. He has also been actively involved in the M&A deals involving project companies, especially in renewable energy sector and advising clients on claims and demands arising out of concession/ construction/ development contracts and representing them at the appropriate forums.
Deepak has been recognised as ‘Notable Practitioner’ in the 2023/24 edition of asialaw, ‘ALB's Super 50 India Lawyers 2023’ by Thomson Reuters, 'Rising Star' for Project Development by IFLR1000 (2022-23) and for Projects, Energy and Infrastructure by the Chambers and Partners Global Guide 2022. Deepak has also been ranked as a 'Notable Practitioner' for Banking & Finance, Infrastructure in asialaw 2022-23 rankings.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS/MATTERS
Port (including inland waterways)
Gujarat Maritime Board – While acting as the Authority’s counsel, advising on various aspects, including but not limited to the following:
- Advised on the issues arising out of the concession agreement (and its termination) for a floating dry dock project.
- Advised on the issues arising out of the concession agreement awarded by it to Sterling Port Limited (as Concessionaire) for the implementation, operation and maintenance of the Dahej Port, Gujarat.
- Assystem Energy & Infrastructure (Juridique Groupe), a France located nuclear energy-based company (through Pinsent Masons) – While acting as the legal counsel for the company, assisting it in the structuring for its proposed investment in India, structuring of the project documents that it would enter into with Indian Contractor (Reliance Infrastructure Limited), drafting and negotiating the term sheet/ heads of terms for the project contracts, in relation to the implementation and development of the proposed 9900 MW Jaitapur nuclear power project at Madban village of Ratnagiri district in Maharashtra and in such regard advising on all aspects of its concern.
- Accion Investment Management (Cayman) Limited – While acting as investor’s advisor for the acquisition of several wind power projects being implemented and operated by NuPower Renewables Limited in the States of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Rajasthan, conducted the legal due diligence on the target entities, and drafting, negotiating and finalising the transaction documents.
- Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power Company Limited) – While acting as the Buyer’s counsel in respect of the acquisition of 100% equity stake in the Indo Rama Renewables Jath Limited, being the Project SPV of 100 MW wind energy power plant based in Jath, Maharashtra, assisted in conducting the legal due diligence on the Project SPV and Project assets, structuring of the transaction, drafting and finalization of the transaction documents, negotiations with the Seller’s counsel and advising on various legal issues raised from time to time. Subsequently, advising Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited in the amalgamation of Indo Rama Renewables Jath Limited with it in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Coastal Gujarat Power Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power Company Limited) – While acting as project developer’s counsel for the development of 5 X 800 MW of thermal power project in Mundra District, Gujarat, advising on various aspects of the Project development including Power Purchase Agreement, Fuel Supply Agreement, Fuel Transportation Agreement, land acquisition related issues, financing documents, Sea Water Intake and Outfall Channel Contract and various other contracts and documents in relation to the project.
Corporate (M&A and General Corporate)
- Digital Domain Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong based listed company – While acting as company’s counsel, assisted the Company in setting up its India business and in obtaining various registrations, licenses, trademark registrations concerning its Indian operations, finalisation of the lease deed for its office premise, shifting of its registered office from one state to the other state, and in such regard attending meetings and negotiations for the finalisation of the concerned documents, etc.
Deepak is a Partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”) and corporate team of the firm’s Mumbai office. He has extensively advised domestic and international clients on joint ventures, M&A and private equity transactions. He also advises his clients on corporate structuring and matters of general corporate and regulatory nature.
Deepak has been recognized as a ‘Notable Practitioner’ by IFLR 1000 Asia-Pacific, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS/MATTERS
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Reliance Capital’s stake sale to Nippon Life in Reliance Nippon Mutual Fund.
- This deal has been awarded ‘M&A Deal of the Year, 2020 - Midsize’ by the ALB India Law Awards.
- This deal has also been recognised as one of the winning ‘Deals of the Year’ for the year 2020 by India Business Law Journal."
- Reliance Industries’ acquisition of the apparel brand/business ‘John Players’ from ITC.
- Data Glove IT Solutions’ sale of its entire stake to Persistent Systems, as part of its global acquisition deal.
- Apollo’s acquisition of speciality care hospitals from Nova Group.
- Apollo’s acquisition of Medics - a hospital based in Uttar Pradesh.
Other significant M&A transactions
- Advised a consortium of domestic and foreign private equity funds in the acquisition of housing finance business of one of the largest Indian private banks.
- TR Capital’s investment in Sapphire Foods, the franchisee of KFC and Pizza Hut.
- TR Capital’s acquisition of stake in Supermart Grocery Supplies (bigbasket).
Other significant PE transactions
- Advising a leading food and beverage company in its fund raise from institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals.
- Advising a leading private equity fund in its sale of stake in an Indian company engaged in the business of specialised frozen foods.
- Tata’s joint venture with Starbucks for operating cafes.
- Everstone’s joint venture with Burger King for operating restaurants.
Harish Kumar is a Partner with Luthra and Luthra Law Offices India with over 20 (twenty) years of diversified experience in dealing with complex legal issues and enabling solutions and implementation for businesses and clients. He is also a member of the Secretarial Standard Board of ICSI, Academic Board of ICSI and Delhi Chapter of the Chamber of Tax Consultants.
His expertise pans wide range of corporate, and legal matters including corporate restructuring, insolvency, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate disputes, labour & employment and advising on varied aspects concerning corporate governance and regulatory interface.
Harish brings a unique blend of business thinking and strategy to structuring, negotiating, and closing complex commercial and corporate transactions. His background in commerce and corporate laws helps bringing a practical and risk based holistic approach to the practice of law which seamlessly and effectively combines the litigation and helps in delivering the best solution to its clients. Harish has advised various domestic and multinational companies, including number of Fortune 500 companies in areas of corporate, employment and commercial laws.
Harish has extensively dealt with various ministries and departments of Government of India, MCA, SEBI, and RBI. His advisory role also extends to various advice given to Government of India and key industry associations like CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM on various industries concerns and legal issues. Harish has also been a regular speaker at various professional programs/workshops conducted by professional and government bodies.
Harry Chawla has extensive experience in the areas of Banking & Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Real Estate. Harry has advised clients in the banking and financial services sector, real estate sector as well as the hospitality, health care, automobile, aviation, telecom, IT, ITES, consumer goods sectors.
He has represented some of the largest players in the Indian real estate market, including several Indian companies as well as foreign investors. He has also assisted the Government of India as well as State Government(s) in the drafting of legislations in this sector.
Harry has worked closely with a large number of international and domestic corporations with respect to their business in India and abroad, in the areas of general commercial advice, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, fund raising and commercial contracts, etc.
He has advised and represented clients on issues pertaining to corporate finance (both domestic and cross border), debt restructuring and refinancing, securitization, acquisition finance, structured finance, bonds and similar instruments. He has acted for both lenders and borrowers and been involved in complex transactions involving multiple lenders across jurisdictions.
He has also participated in the evolution and formulation process of business strategies with several clients, vis-à-vis their new ventures and business initiatives and has advised in establishing, operationalizing and implementing such business strategies of the clients. He has also advised several clients on strategizing in dispute resolution, negotiation and settlement etc.
- Ranked in India Business Law Journal’s A-list of Top 100 lawyers in 2020 and 2022-23.
- Recognized as the Real Estate Lawyer of the Year at the 12th Legal Era Awards, 2022-23.
- Awarded Corporate Law Firm of the Year – 2022 and Real Estate Law Firm of the Year – 2020 by Global Law Experts.
- Awarded Real Estate Law Expert of the Year 2022 by The Lawyer Network.
- Awarded Leading Legal Mind in Corporate Finance (India) by APAC Legal Awards 2020.
- Awarded M&A and Banking Finance Law Firm of the Year in India by 2020 Corporate INTL Global Awards.
Jay is a Partner in the Banking & Finance, Insolvency & Corporate Restructurings and Corporate/M&A/PE teams at Luthra and Luthra Law Offices India Mumbai office.
Previously, Jay has been a Partner at Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (Mumbai) (SAM). Before SAM, he was a founder-partner of Verus and was Co-head of the firm’s corporate advisory & transactions practice. Prior to founding Verus, Jay worked at Bharucha & Partners having joined as part of the founding team from (the erstwhile) Amarchand Mangaldas (Mumbai) where he started his career.
Over the years, Jay has gained considerable experience in Banking & Finance, Restructurings & Insolvency and Corporate/M&A/Joint Ventures/Private Equity and Capital Markets practices.
Jay has been recognized in the ‘A-List – India’s Top Lawyer 2022’ by India Business Law Journal.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS/MATTERS
- Banking & Finance
- Currently advising SWAMIH Fund on several matters ranging from standardisation of documents to enforcement actions.
- Advised GMM Pfaudler Ltd. on acquisition finance facilities for its acquisitions in India and abroad.
- Insolvency & Corporate Restructurings / Debt Resolution
- Advised UVARCL in its resolution of debts of Reliance Communications Ltd. and Reliance Telecom Ltd. as part of their respective corporate insolvency resolution processes. Debt resolved is INR 82,000 crores and INR 42,000 crores approx., respectively. This deal is subject to NCLT and other approvals.
- Advising Reliance Capital Ltd. and a few of its operating subsidiaries on certain debt and business restructuring mandates.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised Dr. Lal Path Labs Ltd. on its acquisition of Suburban Diagnostics (India) Pvt. Ltd. for INR 12,000 million (approx.).
- Advised Bayer BioScience Private Limited and Bayer CropScience Ltd. in sale of their cotton seed (sold under the Surpass® brand) & pearl millet, sorghum and mustard seed (sold under the ProAgro® brand) businesses and related assets in India to Crystal Crop Protection Limited.
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Advised Neev Fund II on its follow-on investment in Blue Planet Environmental Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. – a leading end to end solutions company for waste management and up-cycling.
- Advised Growthpond Technology Pvt. Ltd. (operating its business under Dukaan) and its founders on its pre-seed funding from Matrix Partners & Lighthouse Funds. Also advised the client on its much publicized and high-stake dispute with Khatabook and its founder.
- Joint Ventures
- Presently advising a leading laser and marking systems manufacturer in its proposed Indian joint venture with a leading Indian conglomerate.
- Advised a Government company on the assignment of its unsecured debt instruments to another Government company in lieu of issuance of fresh equity shares by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- General Corporate
- Presently advising a German engineering company in the winding down and ultimate closure of the operations of its Indian wholly owned subsidiary.
- Advised Luxottica group on the restructuring of its Indian operations involving inter alia reduction of capital of RayBan Sun Optics India Limited.
- Private Client Practice
- Advised several HNW individuals and promoters of large Indian corporates on setting up of family trusts, family arrangements, wills and succession & estate planning matters.
- Capital Markets
- Advised Union Bank on its proposed QIP of INR 20,000 million in 2017.
- Advised on several SME IPOs (Ambition Mica Ltd. Shree Krishna Constructions Ltd., Mangalam Seeds Ltd., MD Inducto Ltd. etc.)
- Projects & Infrastructure
- Advised Rolls-Royce Power Systems on its proposed bid as a Contractor in connection with an Asian Development Bank (ADB) funded 70MW gas-based replacement power project at Sivasagar district, Assam.
- Advised UltraTech Cement Ltd. on an O&M agreement for its Wall Care Putty plant at Katni, Madhya Pradesh.
Maureen Z. Ralte
Maureen Z. Ralte is a Partner in the M&A and Corporate Practice of the Firm. She has over 15 years’ experience in mergers & acquisitions, private equity, real estate and general corporate advisory. She has worked on a wide variety of corporate transactions across sectors including real estate, hospitality, automobile, renewable energy, banking & finance, tourism, entertainment, marketing, information technology, etc.
She has represented domestic and multinational companies in the negotiation, structuring, preparation and review of transaction documents, in the areas of general commercial advice, mergers & acquisitions, private equity, corporate restructuring, insolvency, joint ventures/ collaborations, fund raising and commercial contracts. She has advised clients on issues relating to general corporate compliances, corporate governance issues, real estate and exchange control laws.
Maureen has worked closely with the in-house departments of leading corporate houses and routinely advises them on complex legal issues.
Navin has over 20 years of experience advising clients on large multi-currency and multi- sourced financings, domestic and cross border acquisitions (including club deals and deals run through an auction process), cross border investments and has extensive multi-jurisdictional experience in M&A, finance and security package structuring and advising on, drafting and negotiating transaction documentation. He has specific experience in acting on transactions in emerging markets across a range of sectors including infrastructure, energy, telecommunications, banking and finance, technology and financial services. He also has experience in clean energy financings.
With his significant corporate experience, Navin regularly advises clients on public and private M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and private equity transactions. With a strong M&A focus, he regularly advises clients on structuring M&A transactions, leading the legal due diligence of the target companies and advising on issues arising out of such diligence and drafting and negotiating the transaction documents. Navin also has experience advising on M&A transactions through competitive bidding.
Navin is a dual qualified lawyer and is enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of Delhi and as a Solicitor, England & Wales. He has previously worked in the Dubai office of Ashurst LLP, where he was a member of the India practice and has also worked in-house as the India legal counsel for GE Capital.
He regularly acts for foreign and domestic clients, including Oaktree Capital, Molson Coors, Sequoia Capital, ANI Technologies (OLA), Mountainia Developers (OYO), InfraCo Asia, Albright Capital, Anheuser Busch InBev, ReNew Power, Avery Dennison, Canadian Solar, Metro Cash & Carry, Sterlite Power, Jacobs Inc.
Navin is recognized as ‘Recommended’ Lawyer by the Legal 500 and as ‘India Super 50 Lawyers’ by Asian Legal Business.
Mr. Nishant Singh is a Partner at Luthra & Luthra Law Offices India and specializes in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity & Venture Capital and Banking & Finance.
Nishant is admitted to practice law in India and the State of New York (USA). In the last 19 years, Nishant has worked on a wide array of equity and debt financing transactions across multiple sectors and countries. In the M&A space, he has worked on listed as well as unlisted company transactions including, public takeover, PIPE, going private, JV and minority or majority equity investments. As regards the debt investment, he advises on structured debt funding and re-structuring transactions.
Nishant also advises corporate houses and HNI’s in relation to investigations by government agencies like Serious Fraud Investigation Office, Central Bureau of Investigation, Enforcement Directorate, Economic Offence Wing for charges of bribery, money laundering, corporate fraud and various other offences and assists clients in formation of internal corporate policies and structures against anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-corporate fraud, whistleblowing, anti-sexual harassment, data privacy and cyber security.
Prior to joining Luthra & Luthra Law Offices India, Nishant was a partner with IndusLaw, Mumbai and prior to that with Khaitan & Co, Mumbai. Also, his past international experience of working with the top tier law firms in San Francisco (Perkins Coie LLP), New York and London (Dewey & LeBeouf LLP) offers his clients a distinctive approach and expertise on cross-border deals.
Nishant has consistently been endorsed as a ‘Leading Lawyer’ for financial and corporate law in India by IFLR1000 (2019-23) and as an ‘Elite Legal Practitioner’ in Asia Pacific Region by Legal 500 (2018-2022).
Nishant has been recognized as one of the ‘Leading Lawyers of India’ for Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A and Private Equity by asialaw (2015-2023), and a ‘Rising Star’ by Legal Era Awards 2016.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS/MATTERS
- Future Group in relation to USD 5 billion debt re-structuring of Future Retail Limited, Future Enterprises Limited, Future Lifestyle Fashions Limited, Future Consumer Limited, Future Supply Chain Solutions Limited, and other unlisted companies for all outstanding debt owed to 28 Indian banks-consortium under the resolution framework for COVID-19-related stress announced by the Reserve Bank of India.
- Agritrade Resources Ltd., a listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, in relation to acquisition of SKS Power Generation (Chhattisgarh) Limited through a One Time Settlement of INR 2170 crores (approx. USD 350 million) for all outstanding debt to State Bank of India, L&T Infrastructure Finance Company Limited and PTC (India) Financial Services Limited.
- Engie Solar SAS and Electro Solaire Private Limited in a project financing for an amount of USD 100 million approximately availed from the Asian Development Bank and Société Générale for setting up a 2x 100MW AC grid-connected solar PV project in Raghanesda Solar Park, Gujarat.
- IndoStar Capital Finance, a listed company, in relation to Brookfield Asset Management’s acquisition of 40% stake for INR 1225 crores through a mix of primary and secondary shares from Everstone Capital, infusion of capital in IndoStar Capital Finance, and public shareholders under the Takeover Code.
- American International Group Inc. in its sale of American Life Insurance Corporation to MetLife Inc. for USD 15.5 billion.
Shinoj is a dual-qualified attorney, qualified in India and England & Wales. He has extensive experience in key financial centers of London, New York, Dubai, Mumbai and New Delhi, working on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions and private equity investments. He has acted on both sell and buyside mandates. Over the last 18 years of his practice, he has advised on transactions with a cumulative deal value of over USD 40 billion.
His practice focuses on corporate transactions, particularly M&A; joint ventures, corporate finance (equity and debt investments); commercial dispute resolution (shareholder disputes, post-closing pricing disputes in M&A); employment matters, governance issues and internal investigations in matters related to anti-bribery & anti-corruption and FCPA & UKBA compliance).
Shinoj’s diverse and global experience gained at Linklaters and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton has helped him understand clients’ business and commercial objectives, to advise and implement legal strategies to achieve their objectives most optimally. He has advised several corporates, private equity and SHINOJ KOSHY Partner email@example.com New Delhi sovereign wealth funds on their investment strategies for emerging markets like India, and countries in South Asia Middle-East & North Africa.
Shinoj is closely associated with industry associations like the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Invest India; advising them on ways to promote FDI in key sectors like Infrastructure, Manufacturing & Retail and E-commerce. Additionally, he is also a member of the India-Jersey Advisory Group advising the States of Jersey government on its interactions with the Government of India. Shinoj regularly lectures at law universities like the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata. His analytical writing and comments are published in both national and international peer-reviewed journals and industry publications like IFLR, IBLJ, IBA Asia Pacific Journal, The Mint and The Hindu Business Line.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS/MATTERS
- Anhui Conch: Advised Anhui Conch Cement Company Limited, China’s largest cement manufacturer on its bid to acquire Lafarge’s cement manufacturing business in North India.
- British Telecom: Advised on its USD 90 million acquisition of an Indian telecom company and start its outsourcing operations in India.
- DoIT Smart Hospitality (India) Private Limited: Advised on its USD 15.23 million acquisition of the Ambience Hospitality Management Private Limited and its subsidiary which runs The Palms Town and Country Club.
- Everstone: Advised on its USD 52 million acquisition of Aon Hewitt’s payroll processing business through a combination of share and asset purchases in India, China, Singapore and Philippines.
- Multiples Private Equity: Advised on its USD 35 million investment in Delhivery.
- Vodafone: Advised on its USD 10.9 billion acquisition of Hutchison Essar to launch Vodafone’s operations in India.
- He has been featured in the “Top 20 Emerging Leaders for the Indian Legal market” in the inaugural RSG Emerging Leaders Report 2019, supported by Allen & Overy, London and in the “50 Super Lawyers” based on client feedback in a survey conducted by Asian Legal Business.
Varun comes with over a decade of experience in M&A, Private Equity and General Corporate Advisory. Varun’s involvement in various transactions help both the investors as well as the target company navigate a very uncertain regulatory environment and close large investment rounds. He has played instrumental role in bringing clarity on certain grey areas of the regulatory framework, for instance, surrounding restructuring of such ECB Loans. His insights and legal advisory on transactions in relation to private acquisitions of assets during ongoing insolvency of the asset owner’s group companies has been incredible.
Varun’s approach towards solving client’s problem is one of his strongest forte. He brings solution-oriented mind set to the table, helping client navigate the transactions in the most reasonable and timely manner and simultaneously VARUN VAISH Partner firstname.lastname@example.org Delhi creating space for his team to learn, adapt and grow into an even better professional.
SELECT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS/MATTERS
- Advised Apollo Hospitals in its INR 450 Crore hospital asset acquisition in Gurugram, Haryana.
- Advised a leading real estate company on the resolution and eventual acquisition of a landowning company owning 110 Acres of land valued at over USD 140.5 Million under the Pre-packaged insolvency regime.
- Advised M3M India Private Limited (M3M) on INR 900 Crore Debt infusion by Oaktree Capital through subscription to NCDs.
- Advised a leading real estate company on its acquisition of real estate assets valued at USD 40.6 Million from Indiabulls Housing Finance.
- Advised IFFCO and reviewed financing documentations and corresponding amendments thereto, arising out of the restructuring of the credit facilities amounting to USD 850 Million availed of by IFFCO’s foreign subsidiary i.e. Jordan India Fertilizer Company.
- Advised on USD 20 Million External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) by Kunshan Q Tech Microelectronics (India) Private (QTech) Limited.
- Advised QTech on USD 13.5 Million purchase of Havells Land in Greater Noida.
- Varun has been recognized as one of the ‘Top 100 Lawyers’ (below 10 years) experience in Forbes Legal India Powerlist 2022.
Vipin's focus areas of practice are Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Private Equity Foreign Investment, General Corporate and Commercial Matters. In his legal experience of a decade, Vipin has structured, negotiated and drafted a wide range of private equity transactions and M&A transactions for foreign and domestic clients across the sectors such as energy and infrastructure, renewables, e-commerce, real estate, etc.
Vipin advises foreign investors and multinational corporations on a wide array of legal issues relating to acquisitions, joint venture agreements, private equity investments, foreign direct investment policy, company laws, etc.
- Vipin has been awarded and included in the ‘BW Legal World 40 under 40 Elite Club of Lawyers and Legal Influencers 2023’.